Outputs and reports
FanpLESStic-sea aims to increase knowledge, evaluate technologies and increase commitment of decision makers regarding methods to reduce microplastics.
This page contains reports and other documented deliveries from the project. If you are interested in other activities performed during the project period, such as exhibitions, youth activities, study visits, the FanpLESStic-sea board game and much more, please visit the Project activities page.
The final conference was held online on November 30th. See the recording on youtube here.
Presentations and information about the conference have been made available here.
Reports and summaries
- Review of existing policies and research related to microplastics (HELCOM)
(a summary of this review is available in English, Latvian, Lithuanian, Russian and Polish, click here)
- Mapping microplastic flows and pathways (sampling activities and results) (HELCOM)
- Sampling results database (Aalborg University)
- Existing and emerging technologies for microplastics removal : Review report of the FanpLESStic-sea project (Luke)
- Piloting technologies for microplastics removal from urban waters (LUKE)
- Traffic microplastic – solutions to mitigate the problem (Luke)
- Microplastic emissions from laundry in Sweden – An actor analysis including the drivers, barriers, possibilities and responsibility of actors upstream and downstream Mimbly AB towards reducing the microplastic emissions. (Master thesis, University of Linköping)
- Проектная история – FanpLESStic-Sea summary in Russian
- Microplastics from artificial football turfs (SALT)
- Nature based solutions to reduce microplastic pollution from the stormwater (Gdansk Water)
- Microplastics in wastewater stream (Gdansk Water Utilities)
- This is the way to the Baltic Sea, don’t throw any plastics in (Gdansk Water)
- Microplastics in drinking water (Sweden Water Research)
- Microplastics emissions from laundry (Linköping university, Sweden Water Research)
- Tire wear particles in stormwater pond sediments (Luleå University of Technology & Aalborg University)
- Microplastics in urban stormwater (Luleå University of Technology & Aalborg University)
- Microplastics transport in Europe’s river systems (Latvian Institute of Aquatic Ecology)
- Treatment of storm water with ultra membrane filtration (Sweden Water Research/VA SYD)
- Traffic microplastics – solutions to mitigate the problem (Luke)
- Towards the Control of Microplastic Pollution in Urban Waters (Emma Fältström, Licenciate thesis)
- Influencer videos for Polish audience (EN subtitles):
The microplastic alliance
Serveral actors are addressing the microplastics issue and working to reduce the impact of the problem. Find your partner on this map:
Join the Microplastic Alliance
Click here to send an email request, name the email “Fanplesstic Microplastic Alliance